It’s Stephi’s Friday question time again (already ??). How has your week been? Did you get some late summer sun, did you start to smell autumn? It’s getting dark at 7:00pm already now. Sigh. Our week felt like 2 weeks compressed into one, but it was mostly very good: G’s finding her feet in the new job, and we had A over from Hanover for the week. This (obviously) meant (girls) talk until late at night, going out for coffee(s), some amazing cooking (Mexican this time), ranting over our studies, getting new ideas (I have 2 MB of new stuff to try out…) – a great time, which helped put my problems into perspective (I need more of this!). Before we hit the Open House London weekend (actually it starts already today – and we still have to figure out what we want to do) Stephi wanted to know 5 things we’re going to be watching on TV this autumn. Well, we confess: we don’t own a TV anymore, but we use the computer – this way we can also watch some programmes from home. So what will we watch…
- The Third Man – because we did the tour in Vienna and couldn’t remember much of the movie… some people came really prepared (gulp), but fortunately the guide was prepared as well and had a folder with pictures from the movie to show us. Great tour, I wish our brains would have been more receptive, they were a bit over-challenged after the third day of conference presentations
- The West Wing – because we can never know too many clever ways of worming our way out of tight spots
- The Good Wife – because (let’s face it) everyone needs at least one not too challenging series
- Saturday Kitchen – cooking ideas for the week
- Some selected TED Talks – for ideas on how to present your ideas for my upcoming upgrade presentation
Sorry, not many pretty pictures today, but I’m writing this from college in between meetings. I’m looking forward to seeing all of your ideas. Today is a special day, because it’s my birthday (yey!) and I will try not to work like a maniac.🙂 I hope all of you will have a fantastic Friday (because it’s part of my birthday wish) and a great weekend.